The Cohen Group is headed by former U.S. Secretary of Defense, William S. Cohen.
The firm's Vice Chairmen are retired Air Force General Joseph Ralston, the former Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and former Supreme Allied Commander, Europe, and Ambassador Marc Grossman, former Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs and U.S. Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan. The firm's Senior Counselors are:
- Lord George Robertson, Former NATO Secretary General and U.K. Defence Minister
- Admiral James Loy, Former Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security and Coast Guard Commandant
- General Paul Kern, Former Head of the Army Materiel Command and Commander of the 4th Infantry Division
- General Harry Raduege, Jr., Former Director of the Defense Information Systems Agency
- General Joseph Yakovac, Former Director, Army Acquisition Corps
- Ambassador Nicholas Burns, Former Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, former Ambassador to NATO, and former Ambassador to Greece
- Ambassador Jeffrey Davidow, Former Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs, former Ambassador to Mexico, former Ambassador to Venezuela, and former Ambassador to Zambia
- William Zarit, former Minister for Commercial Affairs at the US Embassy in Beijing, and Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce, International Operations for the US Commercial Service.
The Cohen Group opened its doors in January 2001 with the objective of helping multinational clients explore opportunities overseas as well as solve problems that may develop. The Cohen Group has the unique ability to provide our clients with truly comprehensive tools for understanding and shaping their business, political, legal, regulatory, and media environments. A strategic alliance with DLA Piper, a global law firm specializing in business, real estate and technology, enhances our capabilities.
Mastering the complex and often veiled dynamic where government, politics, media, and business intersect requires a rare combination of knowledge, skills and experience. Our Principals bring centuries of experience at the White House, the State Department, the Defense Department, and Congress. This experience encompasses decision making and deal making with government and industry officials in the U.S. and around the world. In addition, our Principals led and managed the Defense Department, the largest and most complex enterprise in the world.
The Cohen Group's reach extends internationally where our Principals have developed great expertise and relationships with key political, economic and business leaders and acquired valuable experience with the individuals and institutions that affect our clients' success abroad.