The Cohen Group (TCG) principals have decades of experience working with The Republic of Korea (ROK) government and military and with ROK industry.
- For 18 years, Secretary William Cohen chaired the Senate subcommittee responsible for ROK security matters. As Secretary of Defense, he worked closely with ROK Presidents and Defense, Foreign Affairs, and Finance ministers.
- As Under and Assistant Secretaries of Defense and State, General Officers, and in other roles, The Cohen Group principals managed US security and political relations with ROK.
- The Cohen Group works with MND, Blue House, National Assembly and DOD, State, NSC, Commerce, and Congress on client issues in ROK.
The Cohen Group has assisted clients in defense, aerospace, IT, transportation, real estate, and other sectors in ROK.
- Provided ROK political, environmental, regulatory, and policy risk assessment to a global IT firm as due diligence for a ~$100 M investment in a greenfield facility in ROK.
- Advised a leading US rating agency on ROK sovereign risk.
- Advised multiple investors on ROK political developments.
- Advised UK insurer on ROK political and media aspects of investigation of an insured company.
- Developed business intelligence on process and timing of ROK military purchases of specialty equipment for leading European manufacturer.
- Assisted US-ROK consortium to win a competition for $800 M infrastructure project and then assisted consortium to address US and ROK political, policy, and regulatory issues affecting implementation.
- Developed and implemented successful strategy for US client on a $1 B infrastructure project.
- Assisted a US aerospace client to complete $800 M sale of platforms to ROK MND.
- Advised and assisted multiple clients on US ENDP and export control policy and decision in ROK.