Aerospace & Defense
The Cohen Group (TCG) assists aerospace and defense firms on policy, business development and transactions. We have helped firms from the US, Canada, UK, Europe, Turkey, Israel, GCC, India, Southeast Asia, and Japan to succeed in North America, Europe, the Middle East, India, Latin America, East Asia, and Southeast Asia. TCG has assisted clients to compete for and win tens of billions of dollars in contracts, to enter new international markets, to build joint venture and other partnerships overseas, and to move up the supply chain.
To better enable our clients to succeed, TCG provides a range of services that include:
- understanding and intervening to beneficially affect political, legislative, and regulatory issues, including shaping public policy debates, maneuvering through regulatory processes, development of standards and regulations, securing public sector funding, and advocacy for client products and services;
- building and helping to execute business development strategies to penetrate markets and accelerate growth;
- establishing relationships for our clients with private sector partners and public sector decision makers;
- assistance in identifying and consummating acquisitions, joint ventures, and other corporate transactions.
- Assisted a US firm to secure $4 billion in sales of defense equipment to multiple countries in Central and South Europe and the GCC, working with local government and industry.
- Assisted a US aerospace firm to secure an $800 million aircraft sale to Korea.
- Assisted a US firm to secure $700 million sale to India of defense equipment.
- Helped to secure defense contracts worth nearly $500 million for a European logistics service provider.
- Helped to secure $3 billion in DOD maintenance and services contracts for a US-Arab joint venture.
- Assisted a Southeast Asian firm secure vehicle contracts globally worth several hundred million dollars.
- Identified and secured sales opportunities for a Dutch firm with GCC and Latin American militaries.
- Assisted a Japanese defense firm to secure enhanced contracts from the Japanese government.
- Assisted an Indian aircraft manufacturer in aircraft sales to US State and local government agencies.
- Assisted US and Indian firms to develop a partnership to manufacture military aerostructures in India.
- Assisted an Indian firm to partner with a US firm on the manufacture in India of night vision equipment.
- Assisted a GCC firm to build partnerships with Western firms and secure sales to local security forces.
- Assisted a US air carrier to obtain changes in FAA draft regulations that would have harmed our client.
- Secured CFIUS approval of a French acquisition of a leading US maker of aerospace composite tooling.
- Secured antitrust approval of a $900 million aerospace merger over regulators' initial objections.
- Conducted in-depth due diligence on dozens of acquisitions of firms for strategic and financial buyers.
- Participated in the private equity buyout, reinvigoration, and sale of a leading foreign avionics firm.
- Participated in the buyout of a leading aerospace parts supplier and helped to double its revenue.
- Advised a German aviation firm on its acquisition of 49% stake in a US commercial air carrier.
- Created, ran and served on CEO advisory boards for multiple aviation manufacturing and service firms.
- Identified and recruited mid-to-senior executives, up to the CEO, for multiple aerospace companies.