The Cohen Group (TCG) assists US and other firms to enter and succeed in the Turkish market, leveraging decades of experience working with senior officials and business executives in Turkey. TCG also assists Turkish firms to expand globally.
Sectors have included financial services, energy, infrastructure, transportation, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, and shipbuilding.
Examples of The Cohen Group's experience includes:
- Assisted US investor to secure Turkish fulfillment of its financial obligations on large infrastructure project.
- Assisted a US multinational bank to obtain approval of sale of its Turkish subsidiary.
- Advised a US multinational pharmaceutical firm on strategy for senior leadership engagement.
- Advised global energy trader/producer/distributer on strategy for investments in Turkey, including siting of facilities.
- Assisted global professional services firm in opening Istanbul office and develop network with senior government officials and business executives.
- Advised US agricultural firm on feasibility of and strategy for entering the market.
- Assisted Turkish shipyard with strategy and advocacy in Washington.
- Assisted Turkish vehicle manufacturer with strategy and advocacy in Washington.
- Advised GCC firm on feasibility of transport pipeline connecting to Turkish network.
The Cohen Group team starts with Secretary William Cohen's and General Joseph Ralston's experience in Turkey:
- As Senator, Secretary Cohen led security cooperation efforts, e.g., "Southern Region" program. As Secretary of Defense and since, continued and expanded close relationship.
- As JCS Vice Chairman, General Ralston deeply engaged with Turkish senior leadership. As SACEUR, continued close relationship. In 2006-2007, served as presidential envoy.
- Under Secretaries Burns and Grossman each have deep experience in Turkey.