The Cohen Group (TCG) assists firms from around the world to enter and succeed in European public and private sector markets. In evolving markets, understanding and shaping the political, regulatory, legal, and media landscape is increasingly important, as is the ability to manage risk and to identify and secure opportunities. Leveraging our team's decades of experience working with European elected and career officials, regulators, parliamentarians, business leaders, and media enables TCG to accelerate success and achieve difficult goals.
TCG also assists European firms to succeed in Europe and globally. Our European clients have come from a dozen countries including the UK, France, Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Italy, Turkey, Greece, and Spain. These European clients have ranged from mid-market to multinational firms in such sectors as telecom, automotive, postal, international logistics, financial services, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, metals, aerospace, civil aviation, energy trading, oil and gas, nuclear and renewable energy, building products, and professional services.
TCG has extensive successful experience working with the public sector in Europe for clients from Europe, the US, Asia, the Middle East and elsewhere to secure European public contracts and to understand and affect public policy and regulations in Europe. This has included experience working with cabinet-level and other senior officials in some two dozen countries. A few examples include:
- Securing public sector contracts worth billions of US dollars in Central, East and South Europe, including by building political and local partnership strategies, direct outreach, and providing superior business intelligence.
- Securing regulatory approval from a Southeast European government for global firm to divest a local banking operation to a specific buyer, following the seller's unsuccessful efforts over an extended period.
- Securing action by a Southeast European government to make good on its commitments in a public-private partnership infrastructure project, recovering nearly a half billion dollars of value for our client.
- Actively engaged with successive EU Commissioners and staff responsible for ICT and European Parliament leadership to anticipate emerging policies and correctly predicting details of critical regulatory decisions.
- Negotiating over $300 million in claims settlements with European insurers on cases involving significant political controversy. (As the executive team of the settlements organization created by political authorities, we led the political strategy and hired and managed nearly a hundred contractors in Europe and the US)
- Assisting European "strategic" state-owned-enterprises on politically sensitive acquisitions in the US and US buyers of European "strategic" enterprises, both requiring intervention with officials.
- Advising hedge funds to understand political and regulatory developments in or involving Europe.
TCG team members have enormous depth of experience and networks in Europe, particularly at senior levels of government, to assist clients to identify, create and secure opportunities and to resolve problems.